Mini-programs and Custom-made Programs
The Education Department offers a series of 1-hour Mini-Programs that feature making a craft item in an educational framework, with an emphasis on FUN. These can be brought to you off-site at your location, or schedule one at the Museum and combine it with free access to our core and special exhibits that day. Combine a guided tour of the museum with a mini-program – $10/person, 10 person minimum.
We can also create 1-hour programs that are Custom-Made to suit the special interests or requirements of your group. Call the Education Department at 978-441-0400 ext. 250, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule, or to discuss options with an education specialist. Programs at the Museum cost $6/participant, with a minimum group size of 10 (smaller groups pay minimum group size cost).
Any of these programs can be included as part of your ATHM Birthday Party plans.
(All include make-and-take components)
- Beading – Learn to make a beaded bracelet (or anklet, or necklace) on a bead loom. We make it easy for you.
- Flat Felting – Learn the technique, and make your own creation.
- Flax Dolls – Clean your own handful of flax, then make a doll out of it just like colonial kids did.
- Friendship Bracelets – Learn how to make the best-ever bracelets.
- Loomless Weaving – Learn 3 different ways to weave without a loom – weave raffia bowls, do “straw” weaving, and do kumihimu weaving to make roping.
- Paper Doll Fashions – Learn about what girls wore since colonial times, then design your own fashions for your paper doll.
- Pipe Cleaner Critters – You will be amazed at the fun animals, etc., you will make and be taking home with you!
- PomPom Projects – Turn pompoms into puppets, finger rings, jewelry, and more - your choice!
- Sarah Morton's Day & Yarn Dolls – Read Sarah Morton’s Day, then make an old-fashioned doll with yam.
- Snow Day & Felted Snowmen – Read the book, then make a melting snowman!
- Weave a Pocket Purse – Learn a unique technique to make a seamless purse on a cardboard loom to keep.
Download Mini Programs and Custom-Mades Brochure >>
(designed to be tri-folded)